Wednesday 8 February 2012

A Battle of Wills

As the haunting melodies fill my ears I can dream myself away from this icy path, from its glaring street lights, from the fears I've faced up to today, and the ones which are yet to come.

Dreams are an easy way to escape reality, to forget and to pretend.

I don't want to forget what this is like, this living. There's a battle of wills each day and I have to chose which way to go.

I can hide my head in the sand, run away, ignore the warning signs & the help.

Or I can embrace the brokenness, lean on Him & his peace that passes all understanding. I can rest in his goodness and know him walking beside me. I can give up all hope of fixing myself, and go where he leads me. For he will not leave or forsake me, he will not abandon me to my darkest despair.

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Consider him, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment