Wednesday 1 February 2012

Heart Recovery

"Ohh, your heart is broken
To your surprise
You're sick of crying
For blue eyes
So tired of living
Misunderstood
Think hard woman
I think you should"

Why is it a surprise to find your heart broken, to find yourself crying, so tired of living? Our world is broken...why is this so hard to understand?

I'm sick of crying for blue eyes, so tired of living, misunderstood. I'm surprised my heart is broken, but really, why? I was so set on blue eyes, I forgot all else. But blue eyes were never going to fix me. My heart was always going to get broken if I let it.

But no one wants to admit they were wrong, that they needed help... To stop and take stock of feelings and feel this...brokenness. It's scary, it's big, and I don't know how to deal with it.

Heart recovery is a marathon, not a sprint. This takes time and energy, sorting through the muddle till we get to the other side.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." There's encouragement in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment